Back Bay Speech Therapy
Pediatric Speech & Language Therapy
Back Bay Speech Therapy is a speech and language private practice that provides therapy services in the client's home, preschool, or day care center.
We offer evaluations and treatments for a range of childhood speech and language disorders from infancy through adolescence. Our therapists utilize cutting-edge research-based therapy to provide the best possible service. Interventions are individualized to improve therapy outcomes for each child while having fun.
Due to COVID-19 all in-person speech therapy is on hold. We are offering teletherapy throughout Massachusetts and are accepting new patients. Call us at 617-829-3003 to get started.
We can help with:
- Late talkers: If your child is not using verbal language to communicate at 18 months of age.
- Articulation/Phonology Disorders: Difficulties with the way sounds are formed. If your child struggles with this, it is likely others have a hard time understanding them.
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech: These children have difficulty with the motor planning of speech productions. They are highly unintelligible and might appear to try really hard to communicate but they are unable to.
- Receptive/Expressive Language Disorders (vocabulary, comprehension, sentence structures, etc.): If you child struggles with this, they may have difficulties following directions, paying attention to tasks, do not use as many words as other children or have difficulty combining words into sentences.
- Fluency (Stuttering): Your child might have disruption in the flow of speech and repeat syllables, words or phrases resulting in unnatural speech. Parents often describe their child getting “stuck” on words.
- Pragmatic/Social communication: Difficulty understanding the “social” rules of language, such as humor, personal space/boundaries and conversational rules.
- Feeding/Swallowing: If your child struggles with this you may see coughing or gagging during meals, eats only certain textures (i.e. crunchy, soft, etc.), has problems chewing, takes a long time to eat, refuses to eat or drink, cries of fusses when feeding, Is not gaining weight or growing, accepts limited foods
Why Choose Back Bay Speech Therapy
Each therapist has years of experience with advanced degrees and specialties, allowing us to deliver the most evidence based treatment.
We accept most major health insurances to allow access to affordable services for your child.
In-home therapy is easier to schedule and saves time. There is no driving or waiting; we reduce the burden on families by coming to you. The added convenience adds up to more consistent therapy and faster progress.
Our streamlined intake processes allow you to get started with therapy right away. (I can add more if needed to this one)